Saturday, September 8

Effective Discipline

The kids are at that age where discipline is happening a lot more frequently. The other night, the kids and I were eating dinner. Bethie was being difficult. She was trying to get out of her chair and screaming just to hear herself scream. I put her in "the corner" (about 3 feet away from Katie and me) and had her face the wall. She put her hands on the wall and said "Thank you, Mummy. Thank you, Mummy. Thank you, Mummy" over and over again until I said "You're welcome, Bethie". AHHHH! Meanwhile, Katie is at the table going crazy. She is crying "Katie in the corner!". I reassured her that she was being good and didn't have to go in the corner. This ticked her off! If Bethie got to go in the corner, then she should be allowed too! She spent the remainder of the dinner SCOWLING at me. This left me wishing that I had the power to discipline the kids half as well as they discipline me!

No comments: