Wednesday, February 3

Sicko: The Triology

It had to happen. Dan and I hoped that it wouldn't, but it was a bullet we couldn't dodge. Saturday morning, Sarah woke up and vomitted all over herself and her crib. Dan and I sprung into action. We cleaned and we cuddled and we started pumping Peadialite down Sarah's throat.

I had to go to work. I kept calling home for updates on Sarah's health. Each time I called, Dan reassured me that she hadn't thrown up again and she seemed to be fine. I held my breath. Could it be?! Was it a one shot deal?

As I was driving home at about 9:30pm, I called Dan. Again, he said that Sarah was fine. However, Emilie called and said that one of the little girls at daycare had ...wait for it...lice! Can you believe it?! I stopped at the pharmacy and bought the most powerful chemicals that would kill any and all lice. Just the thought of all the work that would have to be done if any of the children had lice exhausted me. Dan and I have been going none stop for weeks. As soon as there is a light at the end of the tunnel, we get hammered with something new.

Sunday evening, I checked and found no lice. Thank God! But we're not out of the woods yet. Apparently, it can take up to 2 weeks before the lice are visible. (As of Wednesday morning, still no lice)

Monday, we realised that Bethie was ill. I scooped up that child and rushed her to the doctor's office. Turns out she has a bladder infection! Poor little thing. She was in so much pain!

Tuesday evening, I started to panic. I was getting sick! This cannot happen! Because if Mama gets sick, the whole damn operation shuts down! So, I am ignoring all symptoms of illness in the hope that it will pass. So we'll just muddle through another day, and deal with whatever is fired at us.

No comments: