I was driving to the grocery store today trying to think about who I would pick to be my movie star husband. I like Harry Connick Jr in "Hope Floats", but he's too rural for me. I like how smart the character "Josh" is in the "West Wing", but he's always at work. I like Hugh Grant (I had to google his name) in "About A Boy" , but I wouldn't actually want to spend any time with him. Then I started to think about characters in books. No one was "perfect". So, being me, I created my own character. These are his most important traits:
- He has to be funny.
- He has to lack almost all ambition. I don't want to be with someone who would rather be "climbing the ladder" or was always wanting more. But do have a job!
- He has to be super good to my kids.
- He has to be smarter than I am. I really like to be around smart people.
- He has to cook (if he wants to eat). Let's face it, I'm hardly a "domestic goddess".
I compared Dan to my wish list. He was almost a complete match (okay, I admit it, I think I'm smarter than Dan. However, I think I'm smarter than almost everyone, so that's not really an insult. I know for a fact that Dan thinks he smarter than I am. Yeah, I don't see why either). I was so pleased that Dan did so well on my list! I didn't need a movie star husband. I have perfection at home!
On the way home from the grocery store, I added one more necessary trait to my list.
6. After he uses my debit card, PUT IT BACK IN MY WALLET!