Saturday, June 25

Before and After

I sent my twinnies to kindergarten. I was very worried. They were so sweet and delicate and tender-hearted. I had spent five years sheltering them from the harsh realities of the Big Bad World, and then I thrusted them into it.

Before:


After a year in kindergarten, they have learned to read and write. They have decided that I am not the smartest person in the whole wide world. I have been usurped by their kindergarten classmates and their teacher. They have learned all the swear words (although I may have played a role in that part of their education...sigh).

And now they are different. More wonderful (if that is possible). And I'm soooo excited to spend the summer with them!

After:

6 comments:

Twins Squared said...

Yeah, I would agree that everything changes that kindergarten year. But I also think the world starts opening up at that point and we can interact together on a little bit of the same level. In spite of the cuteness not quite being there, I think they get more fun!

Still sheltering mine from the swear words! I don't think they really know them yet, just a lot of goofy slang stuff they picked up in the 1st grade! One reason in fact why I won't let them ride the bus!

Gwen said...

Yup, the bus was where they picked up their swearing. Katie came home and recited every word that was uttered. She got it into her head that the words were less offensive coming from a 5 yr old's mouth if she was TATTLING. Not so much, as it turns out.

TheFitHousewife said...

Awww...that is so cute! Love your tribute. My oldest will be entering kindergarten this fall...I'm excited and scared all in one!

Double the Giggles said...

Before you know it, you'l have a pic of the two of them in graduation gowns. ...and just a heads up, I hear that there's a whole new slough of fun words to be learned on that high school bus!

Gwen said...

Jen: I can't wait to read all about your adventures with kindergarten!!! I struggled. I came very close to failing ... the twins excelled though!

Double the Giggles: I want to freeze time. The high school bus?! I fully intend to drive my children to and from highschool. Depending on their behaviour, I will either wait quietly in the car OR I can stand in front of the school shouting out their names. I may learn some wonderful new words... :)

Yabut said...

My, how they've grown this year! In more ways than one, I gather. :)