Friday, July 22

Treats

When I was a child, my mother used to take my brothers and I to the bakery every once in a while, and let us pick a treat for ourselves. I thought this was great. However, it's something that I never, ever do with my children. Probably because they have soooo many "treats" that it would be more accurate to refer to them as "staples".

The other day, we took them to The Cake Shop, and let them pick out their own treats.

Bethie chose a fish cookie

Sarah chose a cookie of some sort, I don't know what it was...but it was colourful and that was all that mattered to her.

Katie chose a "Catherine and William" cookie...because the name of the new duchess is actually Catherine Elizabeth, which THRILLS the twinnies.

Pretty fancy, eh? Unfortunately, it was made from gingerbread. Katie doesn't like gingerbread. I, however, just LOVE gingerbread so it didn't go to waste (but don't tell Katie!)


Bethie also made me buy 6 cupcakes for $14. They were Harry Potter themed. Not that special though, especially for that price!

Sarah and Bethie wanted another run through The Cake Shop.

All in all, it was a successful trip to the bakery. However, it was expensive, and I won't make the trip out there again. I'll stick to the free cookie at Loblaws. I'm fancy like that.

6 comments:

Yabut said...

Free cookies are always good! Too bad I don't have that option around here. I have to bake my own!

Double the Giggles said...

You know you've made it when your face gets put on a cookie. Where did we go wrong...

TheFitHousewife said...

Sadly, "treats" tend to be a staple at our house too! Bad mommy. My kids would love going to the bakery. I remember my mom taking me once....ever! But I do remember it :) Those cookies are pretty fancy. Not sure I could eat it. HAHA...who's kidding who?!

Gwen said...

Yabut: Is there anything you DON'T do???? (Other than show me your art work!) :)

Double the Giggles: Sigh. I ask myself that everyday.

Jen: I wasn't able to have a taste of Bethie's or Sarah's cookie, but William and Catherine were GREAT!

Your Mother said...

Wendy - I didn't take you to the bakery for a "treat"! I had to order a special cake for an event and you happened to be with me when I picked it up. With all those lovely sweets in the bakery it's hard to walk away without a little taste!

Finola said...

We love the Cake Shop for their peanut and nut-free goodness. Seriously, why are there not more nut-free bakeries around??