Sunday, July 26

Bell Canada

Bell Canada drives me crazy. We have the relationship from Hell. They say they are desperate to keep me, yet they treat me so badly. I stay because the "break up", and finding a replacement, is too much effort. We talk about the details of our relationship approximately once a month. I complain, and they try to pacify me with apologies and promises to be better in the future. We both know they're lying. But we go on.

Recently, I received a shocking phone bill of about $200. I couldn't believe it. I hardly ever call long distance. Then I looked at my rate per minute. Bell Canada had charged me 54 cents/minute to call my father who lives approximately 30km away!

Here are some of the places that I could call for a less expensive rate if I were with Rogers: Untied Kingdom, Hong Kong, China, Algeria, Bangladesh, Bolivia, El Salvador (only 28 cents/ minute, Lisa!), Iceland, Iraq, the Ivory Coast, Latvia, Madagascar, Namibia, Palestine, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Zambia... the list goes on and on and on!

What really drove me crazy was that it only cost an extra cent/minute to call Rwanda. RWANDA! Rwanda is struggling politically, socially, and economically. They are trying to pick up the pieces after a horrific genocide. They are the country that the world forgot about and ignored! Apparently, there's not a whole lot of difference between Orleans and Rwanda, according to Bell Canada.

No comments: