It's a lot of work! Life unravelled for me before I made all 25 envelopes. So I have eight envelopes hanging from a ribbon on my light fixture, and 17 clothes pins that are just hanging there. Empty. Mocking me. And I haven't put the activity in the envelope the night before because I have been too terrified to commit to any one activity. I feel badly because Bethie has been sooooo excited.
Before we had even started the activity on Day Two, I had 15 fits and cancelled the whole damn thing.
After I cooled down, the festivities continued.
It has been a challenge because we've pretty much been house-bound because Katie has been so sick. We did leave the house for two activities. Although Katie and I still had a good time, we endured a whole lot of Hell, too.
Here are the activities we've done thus far:
- Have a Christmassy dessert
- Paint ornaments for the tree
- Go to The Nutcracker ballet
- Decorate the Christmas tree/Get a little present
- Listen to Christmas music while having a candlelit bath
- Make snowflakes out of wrapping paper