Wednesday, January 5

The End of Christmas Break

I had high hopes for the Christmas break. I had planned all sorts of fun activities for me and the children. We were going to have so much fun. Museums, tobogganing, skating. I had envisioned happy, healthy children playing outside. And, of course, I was going to take a million pictures of my rosy cheek girls so I would have proof that I am a super de-duper mother.

Then Dan got sick. Then I got sick. And all of my plans were cast aside.

Instead of fun and adventure, my children had days and days of looking at the four walls. Instead of healthy outdoor pursuits, my children have torn my house to pieces. Instead of harmonious laughter, my children have taken to beating up each other (and me!).

Tomorrow, the twins go back to school and Sarah goes to daycare. And I am soooo excited. My house needs to be scrubbed. My fridge needs to be stocked. My Christmas tree needs to be packed up and put away! And Mummy needs some peace and quiet.

1 comment:

TheFitHousewife said...

Sounds a lot like my Christmas break intentions. We never made it skating or sledding. The kids were sick the whole break and now it's passed on to me. BLAH.