Cooking is my Achilles Heel. I do try, without much success. Things just don't work out as anticipated. For instance, today I made sugar cookies and I used my fancy Wilton Cookie Pro Ultra II press which boasts it's "The Best In The World". Here's where I suspect I may have gone wrong:
- I didn't have white flour so I used whole wheat flour.
- To disguise the fact that I used whole wheat flour, I used red food colouring to dye the dough pink.
- It didn't taste right, so I added more sugar.
- I forgot to add the egg.
- I chilled the dough which is apparently a faux pas for the Wonderful Wilton Press.
- I greased the cookie sheet which totally effected how well the cookies come out of the press (who would've guessed that?)
The result? Crappy cookies with rather pretty shapes, but a weird colour. I'll give them to Dan and the girls. They won't notice a thing.