Saturday, January 31

My Sweet Babes

Sarah
After her bath, I was trying to diaper and clothe my 9 month old baby. She was desperately trying to get back into the bath to play with the twins. Try as I might, I could not get the diaper on this determined baby. Dan had to pin her down while I got the diaper on her. She was not going to give in without a fight. Remind you of anyone you know?

Bethie
We were leaving the bathroom. With Bethie, everything is done in slow motion. She was moaning about something making her "ouchie". I said that her bottom was going to be ouchie after I gave it a smackie (a smackie is a love tap of sorts, a playful threat). She walked even slower. I reached over and "rap-a-tap-tapped" her bottom. She took off and jumped into bed. Then she looked at me and said, "I can't go to bed without a smackie!". Bethie does what she wants, when she wants, with little regard to anyone or anything else. Remind you of anyone you know?

Katie
It was Katie's turn for a kiss and a hug. I went over to her bed and was greeted with a detailed schedule of events. She said "Pick up The Baby". I picked her up. "Rock The Baby". I did as I was told. "Now put The Baby gently into her bed". Done. As I was leaving, she shouted out "Say 'I love you, my babies'". I said "I love you Katie, I love you Bethie". Apparently, there is no room for ad libbing. Remind you of anyone you know?

No comments: